When it comes to the efficiency of your laboratory, there are three primary factors that apply: the staff working in the lab, the processes they follow, and the quality of their equipment. As for the first two factors, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that there were 328,200 medical and clinical lab technicians working in the U.S. as of 2014 (the last year data was available), and all of them should understand the scientific process.
But while you have worked hard to select the best possible scientists and lab technicians for your lab, it is also important to make sure they have the best possible scientific tools. As you are researching the top scientific equipment suppliers, be sure to consider the following variables:
- Variety: As most labs require many different types of equipment, it is important that you choose a distributor that offers a variety of scientific instruments as well. Not only will this make it easier to order equipment as your business grows, but you will also save money by working with a small number of trusted suppliers.
- Quality: This cannot be understated. Your lab performance depends on the quality of your tools, so it is essential that you choose a supplier that offers industry-leading equipment. While it may be tempting to trade quality for a low price, be sure to spot a scam or faulty product when you see one.
- Price: While you are looking for high quality products, it is important to find a supplier who is offering the best equipment for the best price. Perform price comparisons to determine which vendors are inflating their prices too much.
- Knowledge: Just as you would only hire a lab technician with experience, you should only buy from scientific lab suppliers with a proven history. A distributor who is selling scientific tools should be knowledgeable enough to provide specific information about their products and if need be, reach out to the equipment manufacturer for further information.
- Customer Service: Choose and stick with a supplier that is attentive and responsive to your needs. You should be able to reach out for assistance and answers to your questions. Be sure to pay attention to how the laboratory equipment supplier communicates with you both before and after you purchase a product.
As you are searching for a supplier of laboratory equipment products, be sure to make a list of what you expect, including the above items. You likely want to work with a company long term, so it is important to make sure that they are delivering on their promises.
Kats Enterprises Scientific Division strives to be an industry leader in quality, price, and customer service. Contact us today to see how we can help with your scientific equipment needs.